To host Webex meetings you must install the Webex Meeting software by following the steps below.
To join Webex meetings, you can install the Cisco Webex Meetings Desktop App software or use the browser version.
All users will receive a prompt to install the Webex software when joining a meeting for the first time. Users can also pre-install the Desktop App by following the steps below:
- Go to your Webex site (Example: sitename.webex.com).
- On the left side-bar, click Downloads.
- At the top of the list is Cisco Webex Meetings Desktop App. Click Download to install.
Note: Beginning WBS39.10, the install packages for the Productivity Tools and desktop app are being separated. There are two key reasons for this change:
- Productivity Tools installation requires administrator rights on the desktop, while the desktop app doesn’t require administrator rights, and users can get it automatically when joining or starting a meeting. Separation of the install packages facilitates the automatic updates of the desktop app and keeps all users up to date, even if they don’t have administrator rights.
- As customers move to Microsoft Office 365, the Productivity Tools must be uninstalled without affecting the desktop app. A separate package for Productivity Tools allows this change.
To install Productivity Tools, see How do I install and configure the Cisco Webex Productivity Tools?
- To confirm that the install is complete, go to your Start menu > Control Panel > Program and Features > Cisco.